The Academic Society building
Akademiska Föreningen (The Academic Society building) with its fivestorey corner towers and renaissance architecture, was built in 1851 to drawings by architect H.J.Strömberg for the Academic Society. In 1911 the building was extended with a large round tower designed by architect Fredrik Sundbärg. New construction to the north and extensive interior renovation in 1946 and 1951 created new features such as Café Aten and the Great Hall. Today the building houses the Academic Society and students´associations, banqueting halls, conference facilities, a restaurant etc.