This University institution was built in 1853 in a romanticising medieval style by the architect H.J. Strömberg for the university´s department of anatomy. In 1897 the building was taken over by the department og geology and in 1930 by the department of theology. Later the department of archaeology dwelt here before it in 2014 was moved to the new Lux-building. Archeologicum is now a national building monument.